WIRE - FULL SIZE
2018 Wire - Full Size Rules
A.) Any American or
Foreign car except Chrysler Imperial, Hearse or Suicide Lincolns
1. Remove all glass, mirrors, plastic, along with decking in wagons BEFORE arrival to track.
2. NO fresh tucked wagons!!! Pre Run wagons will be allowed to sedagon but may only wire the roof in (4) spots sheet metal to sheet metal.
3. Trunk lid must remain at least 50% in stock location. Cars may be pre bent after inspection.
4. Anything can be Removed. Nothing can be Added unless stated in the rules. Please do not assume that its legal if it is not stated.
5. NO WELDING unless it is stated in these rules.
6. Hood and Deck lid will be open for Tech upon request. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
7. Doors are to be wired, chained or welded shut. Doors may be welded with a total of 12inch weld only on front and back door seam. No other welding will be allowed on the body of the vehicle.
8. Hoods and trunks will be allowed 8 pieces of #9 wire, 4 loops per wrap. All wire must be from sheet metal to sheet metal only. On hoods only the front (2) core support bolts CAN be used to hold down the hood. Washers are to be no larger than 1/8 thickness and (3) Three inch by (3) Three inch round or square. All cars MUST compete with a hood.
9. All Body mounts MUST remain original with the exception of the front 2 core support bolts and 4 other spots inside of the drivers compartment. These 4 bolts may be no larger than 1/2, must be inside of the frame and must use the rubber mount. No exceptions.Core support bolts changed are to be no larger than 3/4 in.
Any other broken mounts may have #9 wire 2 strands ran through the body and the frame. You will also be allowed to wire body to the frame in 4 other locations anywhere in the car.
1. NO WELDING AT ALL!!!
*** Broken frames from a previous derby MUST contact RRP prior to any repairs are made. ****
D. Drive train
1. Any motor may be used in any vehicle. Motor must be mounted on stock mounts, no protectors will be allowed. A lower engine cradle, without a pulley protector is allowed. Lower engine mounts must still be stock though. On all V block engines, #1 spark plug must be no further back of upper ball joint. No standard transmissions unless factory for that make of automobile. No homemade cross members, must be original. On cars implementing engine swaps please use a stock cross member. If no cross member is available please contact RRP with questions.
Please remember we are trying to bring back an affordable class for EVERYONE to enjoy.
2. Motors must be Bolt in Only. NO WELDING with exception of frame side motor mount
3. Rear-ends are to remain (5) Lug differentials.Rear coil springs may be wired in to hold them in place. Leaf spring cars must use only factory leaf spring clamps. Factory leaf springs only. A single rear end brace will be allowed. Watts link conversion on 98 and newer will be allowed. Upper brackets must be bolted in. Lower brackets will only be allowed one single pass of weld on mounting bracket. Trailing arms are to be the same thickness as factory. Control arms may be shortened or lengthened and reinforced.
4. Floor shift is allowed. Cable shifter is allowed.
5. Exhaust through hood is allowed.
6. No protectors of any kind; distributor or transmission.
7. Any type of driveshaft is allowed.
E. Driver Compartment
1. A 4 point cage will be allowed and highly recommended. Dash bar, seat bar and 2 sides. No further back than 6 inches behind driverís seat. We will also allow 4 down tubes off the cage that must run straight down from cage to floor sheet metal only. A rollover bar is recommended but must not be welded to frame. A fuel tank protector will be allowed. It must be no wider than 30 inches wide and must have at least 1 inch of gap from the back seat upper area.
2. Padding of driverís door recommended.
3. Gas tank and battery must be relocated and secured.
4. Transmission coolers WILL be allowed but must be properly secured and proper lines MUST be used. Safety first!!!
5. Steering may be modified to allow driver more room. Steering shaft may have no more than (2) two u-joints or swivels and may not in any way act as a type of benefit.
6. Homemade throttle pedal and brake pedal will be allowed.
1. Any automobile bumper may be mounted on any car. Bumper may be welded to shock bracket. Bumper skin may be pounded down and welded to inner bumper. Homemade bumpers will be allowed but must have a steel bumper skin and bumper can NOT have a point. Chrysler New Yorker bumpers are only allowed on that make and model. No Exceptions!!
2. Shocks may be collapsed and may be welded lightly.
3. If you choose NOT to weld bumper, ONE piece of chain per side BOLTED may be used to secure bumper. These chains may run around bumper and be bolted back to an existing bolt on the frame. May also run 2 loops of wire, out board of radiator, from radiator support to bumper. These 2 wires will not be part of the 4 used on securing the hood or trunk.
G. BRAKES MUST SHOW THE ABILITY TO STOP. All cars will be checked at inspection. Any car without brakes will not be allowed to compete!!! Pinion brake is allowed.
*** ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO RE INSPECTION BEFORE PRIZE $$ IS PAID******